November 23, 2023 Gandhinagar: As a precursor to the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2024, a seminar on the textiles and apparel sector will be held on November 23 in Surat. Union minister for commerce and industry Piyush Goyal, Union minister of state for textiles Darshana Jardosh and other dignitaries will speak at the event.
Indian Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh visited Singapore and paid tribute to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at the Indian National Army (INA) marker. He also offered prayers at the Sri Srinivasa Perumal temple and visited the Indian Heritage Centre. Singh was in Singapore on his way back from attending the 10th ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting-Plus in Indonesia, where he held bilateral meetings and interacted with the Indian community. He also visited the Shiva Temple in Jakarta.
A low-cost air carrier made an emergency landing shortly after departing from Lucknow airport. The aircraft, carrying Union minister Mahendra Nath Pandey, experienced a technical snag and had to return to the airport. Passengers reported feeling panic and hearing unusual sounds during the flight. The airline provided options to the passengers, including staying in a hotel, taking a flight to Delhi and then traveling to Varanasi, or taking a bus. Some passengers chose to take a private bus due to the poor condition of the bus offered by the airline. The airline did not respond to requests for comment.
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has recommended that children receive their primary education in their local dialects until at least class 5. He believes that learning and writing in the same language children hear and speak in their early years will significantly enhance their ability to use logic, express thoughts, and do analysis. Pradhan also urged the state government to implement the PM Schools for Rising India scheme in Odisha and proposed special programs to make the Odia language popular among the new generation.
source : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/
- BTMA signals minimum wage structure for cotton textile sector within next two weeks
- ASEAN delegation to visit India on 17 Feb for FTA review
- Bank fraud case: Textile baron Neeraj Saluja sent to 5-day police remand
- New MSME payment rule leads to many cancelled orders
- India’s cotton yarn exports to surge by 85-90% in FY2024: ICRA
- New Rule of Payment to MSMEs Causes Uncertainty in Textile Markets
- CITI Indian textile bodies urge Piyush Goyal for cotton stability
- Ludhiana’s Hosiery & Knitwear Sector In Trouble Amid Slow Demand
- Panipat News: यार्न, फैब्रिक और टेक्सटाइल मशीनरी के मेगा ट्रेड शो का आज शुरू
- Textile mill associations urge government for financial support